Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14s- dq2535TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I had bought the HP laptop yesterday whose model number is 14s- dq2535TU. After setting up the password, followed by the sleep mode, the password prompt doesn't appear on the screen. Clicking on sign in I'm sometimes redirected to the lockscreen and upon clicking on enter I get the same startup screen again with no password prompt shown. There are no sign in options as well. At the bottom right there's option for language, ease of access, network and power button. 

Kindly look into my issue and provide me with solutions. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

On the locked screen where you can't see the login screen, press any key or click the screen with your mouse . by doing so, it will take you to the next page. Then press Ctrl key, Alt key, and delete key at the same time.

HP Recommended

@Shreya_ -- please provide me with solutions.

You wrote "bought the HP laptop yesterday". The easiest solution is to take it back to the store that sold it to you, and get them to replace it.  That store should offer some "warranty" that what you bought is not defective.

The second-easiest solution is to contact HP Support, because any new HP computer gets free telephone-support, for the first month.  They can try to reach a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.