Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx

Hi,

As described in the subject line, the integrated graphic card is taken 2GB of my RAM. My PC has its own dedicated graphic card, so I don't really need the integrated graphic card. I tried to go to BIOS, but there's no setting allows me to change the primary to PCIE. I then tried to use HP Performance Advisor, but it has issue during openning:

P Performance Advisor (version 2.1.3730.0)

An unexpected problem occurred at 7:49 PM on 2/11/2019.

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Diagnostic information will be written to the AdvisorError.txt file on the Windows desktop. If this problem persists, please send this file to ap-assist@hp.com.

Manufacturer: HP
Model: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx
BIOS: BIOS - F.21
Graphics: Radeon RX 580 Series
Graphics: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics

An unhandled System.NullReferenceException exception was caught at:
at Advisor.Engine.Workstation.cPciConfigSpace.FindGraphicsOnBus(Byte busNum, Byte devNum) in cPciConfigSpace.cs:line 45
at Advisor.Engine.Workstation.cSystemSlot..ctor(Table t, String[] slotBusMap) in cSystemSlot.cs:line 20
at Advisor.Engine.Workstation.cSystemSlot.DiscoverSlots(String[] slotBusMap) in cSystemSlot.cs:line 145
at Advisor.Engine.Workstation.cPlatform.Interrogate() in cPlatform.cs:line 608
at Advisor.Engine.cEngine.Startup(iAdvisorUi ui) in cEngine.cs:line 200

Pleaes help,

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ryan31,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I would like to inform you that you will not be able to reduce the video memory on your computer. However, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Go to Start menu and click  Settings. Navigate to System and click Display on the left sidebar of the System Settings.

Scroll down the Display menu and click on the option Display adapter properties at the bottom of the box.

In a new pop up window, you will see the adapter type used on your system and other graphics information in the Adapter tab. Check the total amount of allocated space for the dedicated video RAM under Adapter information and you can change it according to your preference.

Method 2: Increase the dedicated video memory on your graphics card from BIOS

This is the recommended method to reallocate the memory of VRAM allocation. However, this doesn’t work for all the motherboards, and you may not be allowed to reallocate memory on your PC all by yourself. Still, you can try to change the BIOS settings and check if you have enough privilege to change the amount of dedicated video RAM on your PC.

Restart your PC and press the F10 key repeatedly during the bootup.

In the BIOS menu, go to Advanced Features or similar option.

Now click on video/ Graphics settings or VGA Share Memory Size. If you don’t find these options, look for a category with a similar option.

Adjust the option that best suits for your task. The default memory allocated to the GPU is usually 128MB. You can scale up or down the preallocated VRAM.

Save the changes and restart your system.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette,

Thank you for your reply. The first method, I don't see a place where I can adjust the allocated memory. As the second method. Unfortunately, looks like the motherboard I have doesn't allow such change. As I go to the advanced tap in my BIOS setup, I don't see anything relate to video/ Graphics settings or VGA Share Memory Size. The allocated memory was 1GB for F15, after I updated the BIOS to F21, it becomes 2GB. I really would like to reduced it down to 128MB. Please help.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Ryan31,

If the above steps didn't do the trick, then there is no option to change the video memory on the computer.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.