Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 300-1361
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an older HP AIO (Touchsmart 300-1360) that came with an AverMedia A323 MiniCard Hybrid ATSC tuner. I'd like to get the TV working again, but I've replaced the original hard drive and am now running Win10. The PC originally used Windows Media Center for TV access but that's no longer available. Device manager says the tuner has proper drivers installed - how can I get it to work again? Seems like I need tuner software, and I've tried Hauppauge WinTV v7, but no luck.

When I contacted Avermedia, maker of the tuner card, they replied:

"Unfortunately, A323 is an ODM\OEM product manufactured by Avermedia Taiwan for another manufacturers (Acer, HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc).  In these cases only those manufacturers develop and own the right driver and application for the tuner integrated in their hardware system.  To find software for your ODM product you must contact your computer manufacturer." 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Joacchim 

We can't provide drivers we don't have.

I have searched the HP support pages for all the TouchSmart 300 models I could find -- and in every case, the latest drivers were for Windows 7.  There were no drivers for Windows 10.

I have seen drivers advertised online for that card and your model PC, but the sites don't say what Windows version and any such drivers bring the risk of infection -- so you download and use them at your own risk.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The only thing I can suggest is try installing the windows 7 version of the media player and install it in compatibility mode for Win7. Otherwise all you can do is google for any open source free media centre programs that happen to work with your hardware.

If neither option works, then you may just have to give it a miss or see if you find/buy a cheap external usb one that does work with win10.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.