cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MathematicalCat
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Unable to install the latest drivers for AMD R9 390X graphics card.

HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 860-030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to upgrade the AMD drivers for the graphics card to the most recent ones, and every time, I get "

Error 186 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as Some Files Have Been Detected as Missing. Please Re-Download the Radeon Software Installation Package"

I have tried fixes from AMD to no avail, so HP is the next step. The BIOS, and other drivers are up to date, as well as windows 10. I have read that one person was able to fix the problem by flashing their own bios, but I would like to avoid doing this.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,798 32,920 3,069 7,574
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MathematicalCat 

You should NOT be going to AMD for drivers for your PC,  while they MIGHT work, they can also trash your display.

According to the HP product page, HP has not updated the AMD driver since 2016 -- so that is the latest one available.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation