1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrade m8100y OS to Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP m8100y
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

I am thinking about upgrading my m8100y's Vista to Windows 10.  Is HP supporting this model on Windows 10, such as firmware / drivers...etc.?  Does anyone have this setup?  If so, how's the performance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,269
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

riwa

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about wanting to upgrade your PC to Win10 -- and I would strongly advise AGAINST it!

HP only support the Win10 upgrade on PCs made after August 2013 -- and yours is a lot older than that.

HP provides no Win10 drivers or software for your PC, so you're then stuck with the generic drivers that Microsoft provides.

Also, there is no "upgrade path" from Vista to Win10, meaning, you will be forced to do a clean-install, and in that case, nothing will be retained from Vista -- no apps, settings, or data.

Sorry, but even the older Win7 PCs have a lot of trouble upgrading to Win10; anything older than that is a waste of time.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,636 32,536 2,958 7,269
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

riwa

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about wanting to upgrade your PC to Win10 -- and I would strongly advise AGAINST it!

HP only support the Win10 upgrade on PCs made after August 2013 -- and yours is a lot older than that.

HP provides no Win10 drivers or software for your PC, so you're then stuck with the generic drivers that Microsoft provides.

Also, there is no "upgrade path" from Vista to Win10, meaning, you will be forced to do a clean-install, and in that case, nothing will be retained from Vista -- no apps, settings, or data.

Sorry, but even the older Win7 PCs have a lot of trouble upgrading to Win10; anything older than that is a waste of time.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation