Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 570-P017C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pc broke a little while ago, and I replaced the graphics card with a GT 730, I was wondering if I could replace it with a GTX 1650 4GB Overclocked and wanted to get a 500 Watt power supply. I was wondering if these upgrades would be possible with my computer.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Maybe instead of a GTX 1650 would there be any alternatives like a gtx 1050 and such.

HP Recommended

I think a 1050, 1650 or 1660 or AMD RX 570 or similar would be fine. If you replace the PSU then you'll just be limited by physical size, which you don't have much. You'll also need to check the the case can accommodate 2 x width card (i.e. make sure there's more then one removable slot cover on the back of the case)

I would suggest for the PSU to pull the existing one and take it to a reputable computer shop and show them. Tell them you want 300w + with the same mainboard connectors. You'll also need to check the power requirements of the video card, meaning it might need a 4 or 6 pin power adapter. The 1050 won't. It gets all its power off the bus.

HP Recommended

Thanks, also what do you mean by power off the bus and would microcenter be a good store ?

HP Recommended

I mean the slot that you plug the card into will provide all the power the card needs (some cards require additional power)

I've no experience with that store, but maybe look to see of they have good google reviews?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.