Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please help.

I have Hp envy x360 convertible laptop 13m-bd0023dx i7-11gen. Whenever I'm opening whatsapp web from browser (chrome and edge), and whatsapp desktop application, QR code is distorted and not clear, so my mobile is not connecting. Some people say that lenovo had an adware in their bundle as Superfish which restricts whatsapp to show clear qr code. Do HP also have any app in there bundle????? Please help.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I just bought this laptop recently. Facing this same issue. Please someone help

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue. Bought the laptop 1 month back

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.This is what it looks like. Help please.

[content removed]

HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try googling the error.  I found many solutions offered!   From simple things like clearing your cache and cookies, logging off ALL devices from the app, then retrying, to one person who used an app to lock the phone into landscape mode.  Once this was accomplished, he could scan the QR code easily!

YouTube has several videos available also!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

These all solutions that you mentioned are for whatsapp web not being connected due to scanning issues. But here the issue is that the QR code is distorted and that is why unable to be scanned

HP Recommended

My Problem was solved automatically. I removed al cookies, disables firewall protection, even realtime. And restarted several times. Logged out from all devices. So suddenly after 3-4 days of struggle I checked and it worked well. Now I'm not logging out again, as I enabled stayed sign in. Because I don't want to take a chance here......
I am connected to whatsapp now. Try quickdrop scan, if that will work. Whatsapp web will not come as distorted.

HP Recommended

Using Mozilla Firefox solved the problem for me. 

HP Recommended

Same issue, did some quick troubleshooting and it seems to only be happening with Chromium based browsers. Tried with Opera, Edge, Chrome and Firefox and it only came up right in Firefox (as another user mentioned).3

It's also not just Whatsapp, the qr code for Google messages for web does the same thing.

HP Recommended

Found a fix, updated my graphics driver through Intel instead of HP. QR codes show up correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.