Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvt0001
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Win 10 Pro fails to initiate BitLocker: Responds "Compatible TPM cannot be found. Verify has TPM"

HP Recommended
"HP ENVY Desktop - 700-414" Product No. J4V91AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1.  Recently upgraded through the Windows store from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.  The reason I purchased the upgrade was so that I could encyrpt my hard drive using Bitlocker.   

2.  I went to "Manage Bitlocker" in the control panel to turn on Bitlocker. 

3.  Received these messages:

a.  "Starting Bitlocker.  This device can't use a Trusted Platform Module.  Your administrator must set the "Allow Bitlocker without a compatible TPM" option in the "Require additional authentication at startup" policy for OS volumes.

b.  Compatible TPM cannot be found.    Compatible Trusted Platform Module (TPM) cannot be found on this computer.  Verify that this computer has a 1.2 TPM or later and it is turned on in the BIOS.

4.  Microsoft representatives said this was a problem for HP and not for Microsoft.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You have gone thru the BIOS options, and not got a solution?

Perhaps an alternative may be possible...

https://www.pcmag.com/business/directory/encryption

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You have gone thru the BIOS options, and not got a solution?

Perhaps an alternative may be possible...

https://www.pcmag.com/business/directory/encryption

View solution in original post

rvt0001
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.   I have learned that I do not want to use Bitlocker on my particular machine.

0 Kudos
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 527
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Prego.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation