Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Tower
Microsoft Windows 11

I have 2 HP towers in my cart. The models are HP slim S01-pf1048xt and HP pavilion desktop TP01-2225xt. In the specs for the HP slim it says windows 11 home then in brackets after it has the number 24 which in the notes it says not all features come in all operating systems and it will require an update or upgrade. The pavilion makes no such mention. After spending literally all day trying to get ANYONE to help at HP I came here. Is the operating system on the pavilion full featured and if I was to buy the slim would it require some sort of extra payment to get the full features? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is an option to chat with a sales rep on the right side of your screen.

That blue icon thing that stays in one place toward the bottom right no matter where you scroll on the page.

HP Slim S01-pF1048xt Desktop PC

The way I interpret footnote 24 is that the features you get depend on what version of W11 comes with the PC (Home or Pro).

According to the specs, you will get a full version of W11 Home.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. A few things.... The spec sheets I see on the HP Store.com site show both PCs having windows 11 Home but the slim has the footnote saying about the features and an upgrade may be required. And the pavilion has no such footnote. As for the "chat" box. That's a joke 15 chats and 20 phone calls talking to people that I have no clue where they are in the world and they have no clue as to an answer to the question. Two of them were "supervisors". Ia asked repeatedly to speak to someone in the United States to no avail. Even got on their Facebook page and that has gone nowhere. I just really thing the pavilion will be the way I go as I have had several of them. I just don't want to buy something that will need an immediate upgrade. Where did the spec sheets you sent come from and do you think they are outdated? Thanks for your reply.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The spec sheets may be outdated since both of the PC's indicate that they came with W10 Home.

The only difference I can tell is that these sheets indicate that they come with W10 Home.

HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1048xt Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2225xt PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The pavilion has a newer processor (11th gen).

Since we can upgrade for free from W10 to W11, to me a PC coming with W10 is a non-issue.

As I wrote before, that footnote seems to be some general disclaimer regarding Windows versions.

For example, W10/11 Home cannot do what W10.11 Pro can do. 

The Professional version of Windows has more features.

Compare Windows 11 Home vs Pro Versions | Microsoft

IMHO, the TP01-2225xt would be my choice unless for some reason you need a slim tower and not a full tower.

HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2225xt, Windows 11 Home, Intel® Core™ i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD

HP Recommended

Yes, the pavilion is what I will buy. Space is not an issue. My PC died a couple weeks ago and I am using my late wife's pavilion right now. It was windows vista that we upgraded to windows 7 so you know how long it's been around. The LAN card is sketchy. I am paying for a 300mb circuit and it constantly reads from 43 to 110 on my internet speed. I know it's going to take a dump at some point so trying to get ahead of that. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended

hi

There is a fairly simple answer..
it's not specific only to windows version
and it is clearly stated
"Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality"
With windows 11 you also need to have a particular configuration, in order to take advantage of all the features
it is specified, at microsoft here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications

Certain features require specific hardware. System requirements to run some apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum device specifications. Check device compatibility information specific to the apps you want to install. Available storage on your device will vary based on installed apps and updates. Performance will scale with higher end, more capable PCs. Additional requirements may apply over time and for updates.

ex dx 12 utlimate

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/announcing-directx-12-ultimate/

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/directx-12-ultimate-getting-started-guide/

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-11/direct-x12-ultimate-not-enabled-on-windows-11/m-p/...

Note: personally, I don't recommend either of these, no dedicated graphics card..
m2 SSD too small! (I have an ssd of this size, and you always have to be careful, because it can fill up quickly)
Only 8gb of ram for one
in case of upgrade for a graphics card it is sometimes quite complicated, and more expensive, because insufficient power supply, and owner

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.