Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have an HP Pavilion 27 all in one ( ), with the related wireless keyboard and mouse kit (model TPC-C002k).

I was in my desk, and a person on the other desk, was trying to connect her hp wireless keyboard (model: KG-1061) into her desktop.

Suddenly my keyboard stopped working.

And her keyboard started to work on my desktop!

Mine is vanished. It's like it was deleted!

The mouse is ok.

The pavilion keyboard does not have either "connect" or "reset" buttons.

I tried to follow all the available steps in hp online, but cannot find anything like this...
Please help...
how can i make my keyboard work again and delete the other one?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
it is quite rare the keyboard kit should not use the same frequency, a receiver before matching a keyboard and a mouse!
Except identical particular models with a "universal" receiver which allows to change the keyboard or the receiver only!
If your keyboard does not work any more, it is possible that it is the batteries, have they been replaced? *

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

The batteries are new, several brands. we changed them several times for testing.

It keeps the same.

the other keyboard is connected.
mine is dead.

How is this even possible?
My colleague's  keyboard connected with my desktop, but the mouse works.
Even going to the device manager, cannot see the difference.

Please help...

HP Recommended

Hi,

The batteries are new, several brands. we changed them several times for testing.

It keeps the same.

the other keyboard is connected.
mine is dead.

How is this even possible?
My colleague's  keyboard connected with my desktop, but the mouse works.
Even going to the device manager, cannot see the difference.

Please help...

HP Recommended

In this case, ask the colleague to test
your keyboard on his pc ..
The other keyboard must be turned off to avoid interference!
take the usb receiver from your computer (disconnect your own), and connect it to your computer, then test your keyboard
If that doesn't work, we're fixed, your keyboard and probably HS!
I await your news, I prefer not to give too many instructions at once!

NB:Sorry for the waiting time.
  busy this weekend and i have to work

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi!
thank you for trying to help! Really appreciate it!

That is another weird thing - The other keyboard is an old one, so the usb receiver was lost...my colleague even doesn't have the usb receiver! she pressed the "connect" button" in back side of her keyboard, as she thought it connects by bluetooth! ....
Then mine stopped working.
My keyboard is part of the mouse and keyboard kit, that come with the HP 27 desktop all in one.

Only the mouse has an "on off" button. The keyboard has no button or anything on the back, except the batteries socket.

i removed the batteries from her keyboard, updated the hardware on the device manager, installed my keyboard's driver (sp73272), and still nothing.
As soon as i put batteries again on hers, that one works - with my usb receiver.

My mouse works, keyboard is hers, mine is dead...

HP Recommended

well i may not have understood everything
If you have tried your keyboard with your receiver, as indicated on the colleague's pc, and that does not work, ok, we can deduce that it is well HS ..
If on the other hand his keyboard works on your pc, but that he does not have a receiver, therefore, he cannot use his keyboard?
In this case, the best would be to make the exchange.
And buy a mouse keyboard kit ..
Please mark the solution if it is suitable

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.