Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
580-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

there was a update in hp support assistant that fixed this error

did a bunch of updates from hp assistant including this one  intel rapid storage techology driver ahci  sp 88180 version 15.9.1.1018  since i did the update i receive this message when i turn on computer this messaged appears before and after my pc updated from windows 10 1803 to windows 10 1903

i tried to do a repair still get message and this is the latest driver listed

the message is  Faulting application name: IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe, version: 15.9.1.1020, time stamp: 0x5a1c4159
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x083c6be9
Faulting process id: 0x2844
Faulting application start time: 0x01d54591becca472
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 8c22261f-1154-481c-8040-d573ed40cef3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lauriej,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The genuine IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe file is a software component of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) by Intel Corporation.

This Windows service is the primary executable module of the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Service, providing the interface between the Windows OS and the firmware drivers and specific chipsets that implement Intel® Matrix RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) technology.

If you do not have RAID setup on your computer, I recommend you uninstall intel Rapid storage and this should take care of the issue.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
yes my computer has raid the update was in the hp support assistant. and you can remove this post as I had edited to say the problem fixed itself with a new update from the hp support assistant.
HP Recommended

@lauriej,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.