Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , I have a desktop with original HP keyboard  and mouse  as it came from the suppliers.

I use autodesk AutoCAD  and I need to cancle the use of FN button to speed up my work.

how do i do it ? 

TNX 

Yoav 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@YoavShneor 

I don't understand your question -- as you can not disable a specific key.

If what you're asking is how to switch Fn+F1 to using just F1, then look into using SharpKeys -- as it is a free utility that allows you to remap individual key functions, and that might allow to you remap the F1 key to Fn+F1 ... and so forth for the other key combinations.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi WAWood , Thanks for the reply , i will try to explain. while working on applications like AutoCAD each F button has a special purpose special function built in the AutoCAD.
Since FN button was introduced to regular keyboards from the laptop world it disturebs the quicker work.
On every PC sometimes under BIOS you can switch back the F buttons to be regular F  buttons  and not dippendent on the FN+F combinations.

HP Recommended

@YoavShneor 

I understand -- but I have no access at all to the BIOS settings for your model PC, so I have no way of knowing whether or not you can make that key setting change.

I offered you an alternative in terms of an app that might be able to do what you want.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The answer to this question lies in the support community of Autodesk AutoCAD.

As far as I know, You can restructure the use of various keys in the settings and properties section of the version of AutoCAD you use.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.