Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0050
Microsoft Windows 11

HI, Just a question, has anyone out there have any trouble installing the HP Support Assistant?  Since I've updated my Windows 10 to Windows 11  and try to install the HP Support Assistant and got an error message stating that the HP Support Assistant  was not installed successfully. An error occurred during the installation: -2      I had it working on my windows 10 before and now it doesn't want to work. I really like the Assistant

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@strictlytea 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

Your system is not fully compatible with Windows 11.

For example, there are no HP Software and Drivers updates listed for this version of Windows.

In fact, there was only one driver update listed for 2021 (Windows 10 - BIOS update).

What does this mean?

The HP Support Assistant (HPSA) will not support finding software / updates for an unsupported version of Windows.

It is possible that the HPSA application will not install or run in Windows 11 on this machine.

IF you upgraded to Windows 11 as opposed to a clean installation of the OS version,

If the HP Support Assistant is still installed in Apps and Features,

Try / Consider

If for some reason, the older "software" type of HPSA is installed on your computer,

Open from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features

If found, Uninstall HP Support Assistant software

Restart the computer and log in

Another check...

Is the "App" type of HPSA installed?

If Yes,

Uninstall the HP Support Assistant Application

Settings > Apps > Apps and Features 

Search or scroll down and find HP Support Assistant

Select the unwanted program  > Uninstall the application

NEXT

Open from Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features

If found, Uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework software  

Restart the computer and log in

If removed, and wanted again later, HP Support Solutions can be reinstalled at Product Home

Select to use “Auto-Detect” to install HP Support Solutions

The HP Support Assistant Application is available from the Microsoft Store 

References / Resources

HP PCs – Support for Windows 11

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

CategoriesAlerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion 590-p0050 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

First off, I use to have a Windows 10 but I upgraded my operating system to Windows 11 last year. But I tried to install the HP Support Assistant that I had with my Windows 10 a few days ago and that is when I got the error message:   hp support assistant was not installed successfully. An error occurred during the installation: -2.

I tried everything and it still doesn't work on a Windows 11.  Unless you have another idea to get HP Support Assistant on my Windows 11.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.