kingofcool1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp wireless keyboard, how to make fn key lock or on by default

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 24
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new November 2018 HP Pavilion All-in-One 24 desktop, Product number: X6C34AA#ABA, and the wireless keyboard and mouse that it came with included.

How do I lock the fn key or make it on by default so all of the f-keys are standard and not multimedia?

I did not see an option in the BIOS and there is no fn lock key on the keyboard. Most of the solutions I have seen online are for laptops not desktops. I tried pressing fn+esc and it didn't work.

1 REPLY 1
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,725
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kingofcool1

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to enable the Action Key Mode.

I'm afraid, this option is only for Notebook PCs and not for the Desktop computers. 

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

To help the community find this post, click here to access our public post and Select - "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation