Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
All-in-One 24-f0017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A brand new HP All-in-One 24-f0017c, Product # 3LA82AA
Just opened the box three days ago, and so far,
I am Not at all favorably impressed.
Some of the following is just my ranting:
You can ignore everything down to the line of **********.

1. The mouse is worthless: jumps around spastically.

2. After creating a User account,
MS only sees the first five characters of the Username.
Thus, username Stephen becomes Steph.
That, though, is probably an MS fault, not HP.
I have re-installed Win 10 Home, three times now.
And yes, I have done a "windows update".

3. Regardless of where I move the icons on the Desktop,
even after Unpinning some apps from the Taskbar,
when I restart the machine, those apps are back on the Taskbar,
and the apps on the Desktop are aligned against the left edge.
And the apps that I moved to the Taskbar are not there.
That Might also be an MS fault, but Maybe Not.

4. After setting the Firefox Options how I like them,
and then restarting the PC, Firefox is Not my default browser,
and the Options are all back to original condition (not how I set them).

5. Same thing with Zabkat's Xplorer2. It gets reset back to original condition.

6. Shortly after restarting, two different messages come up:
6.1. " You'll need a new app to open this hpsystemeventutility"
and
6.2. "HP Privacy Settings. Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly."

THIS support ticket is only about item 6.1 above.
Regarding that, I saw a post somewhere with the suggestion, so I ran
the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI: Boot > F2 > Component tests >
Hard drive quick test - Passed.
Hard drive extensive test (about two hours) - Passed all four tests there.
Video memory fast check - Passed.

Restarted. Same error message came up.

In Settings > Apps & Features > HP System Event Utility > Advanced options >
I tried Repair. No help. I tried Reset (re-installs it). No help.
I tried to uninstall it. It couldn't uninstall: error 0x80073d01.

HP, WHY is that hpsystemeventutility message coming up?
How can that problem be fixed?
Mark2372

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Mark2372

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Really?  Why would the Serial number of my PC be considered "personal" info that should be protected?

HP Recommended

Just an update, people (because this Needs to be seen outside of a Private Message):

I received a Private Message from HP, asking for specifics on the PC.  I replied.  HP replied, said I need to call HP support at 800-474-6836.  I did, was on the phone for over 1 1/2 hours.  I was told to go to HP.com/123 and he then took control of the PC.  In Task Manager > Startup > we Disabled everything that could be disabled.  Restarted the PC.  Same hpsystemeventutility Popup problem.  He said the problem is caused by a virus on the PC, caused by some app that I had installed.  AND he said Malwarebytes IS A Virus (because it is Adware).  He cannot fix the problem, but he can forward this problem to the "Level 2 - Smart Friends Team" support, which will cost me $40 to $50.  OR, he then Really Tried to sell a 2-year onsite "extended warranty" (which allegedly covers everything) for $110, or $180 with McAfee.  I laughed.  He also said that the 30-day free Trial of McAfee that came with the PC is Not the Full McAfee version.  And about the Popup problem, "It's only a popup.  Just ignore it."  The bottom line: on this PC that is less than two weeks old, the existing warranty is worthless, and my only options are to pay more for support.  HP Support Sucks.  Again, people, Don't Buy HP !

HP Recommended

Another update, people:

HP Support replied, and he offered  a one-time free Smart Friend support.  That Favorably impressed me; actually seems quite Generous.  OR, I could look into any Return/Exchange options at the Point-of-sale.  Unfortunately, either option requires proof-of-purchase.  This PC was shipped to me by  a friend as payment for some Handyman work that I did for her.  Thus, there's a "no receipt" problem.  In the Private Message, I gave him a lengthy description of other misc problems with this machine, and eventually mentioned that I WOULD Like the return/exchange option.  I'll keep you posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.