Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so i have have in device management under unknown device i have 2 PCI-devices that say code 28 and i have one PCI-controller for decrypt/encrypt saying code 28 aswell you have solution? My pc is selfbuild with asus motherboard have some audio problems like my headset worked fine speakers and microphone but since last windows problem my microphone doesn't work anymore hope you guys can help me out since its no hp pc thanks anyway

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Install the W10 64 bit AMD chipset driver from the link below and restart the PC.  That should install all 3 devices.

A520 Drivers & Support | AMD

Unfortunately I don't know if installing the chipset driver will fix the issue with the microphone.

That may need the graphics driver for the microphone to work.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID's for the devices that need drivers.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

HP Recommended

From device 1:

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_87C01043
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&CC_130000
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&CC_1300

From device 2:

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&SUBSYS_87C01043
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&CC_130000
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&CC_1300

From controller encrypt/decrypt:

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_87C01043
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&CC_108000
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&CC_1080

Thanks for helping me already!

HP Recommended

Can those be the actual problem of my microphone input  from my headset?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Install the W10 64 bit AMD chipset driver from the link below and restart the PC.  That should install all 3 devices.

A520 Drivers & Support | AMD

Unfortunately I don't know if installing the chipset driver will fix the issue with the microphone.

That may need the graphics driver for the microphone to work.

HP Recommended

Okay everything in unknown devices list is gone thanks for the help,  but where can i find help for my mic problem?

HP Recommended

so a motherboard you bought from ASUS.com, no mobo model number told

nor  if head set is 3.5mm phone =, USB or bluetooth.??????

28 means bum driver.

1022 is AMD  here they are , and all at AMD.com

1485Starship/Matisse Reserved SPP 
1486Starship/Matisse Cryptographic Coprocessor PSPCPP 
1487Starship/Matisse HD Audio Controller 
1488Starship Reserved SSP 
1489Starship Reserved SSP 
148aStarship/Matisse PCIe Dummy Function

or get the drivers from ASUS.com

ASUS made the board and there sound chips are wired as they want including there mixer and more.

always use there drivers first, and AMD last if desperate.

can I guess now.

Ryzen 5 3600x and ASUS Prime Motherboard 470

AMD socket AM4, and X470. (i had to google  to find what you own, why not just say it.)

is this your true motherboard if  yes   use the correct driver matched to it from the OEm/?

if yes   use correct drivers so all things on mobo  work as team.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_Downloa...

why not?

the correct audio driver is there,  see it july 2020 made.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

no mobo told

I found the ASUS.com driver page for you mobo

and it has  july 2020 driver there just for you.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_Downloa...

Front mic jack or rear,  there are both on this mobo ,per the document pinouts. on doc page.

this head  phones,  3.5mm? phones?

is the 3.4mm TRRS or TRS plug,  TRRS is for new mic wiring, and must be matched to your PCs.

I have no idea at all what jacks are on that mobo, not me, but some are TRRS and other TRS the manual there covers that.

i can not see your phones and mic to tell you.

if the mic port on the PC is pink that means TRS mic,  only fits.  are you using the pink jack?

Realtek® S1220A 8-Channel high-definition CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3

pink rear is mic.

green rear is phones or speaker, called LINE OUT  audio.  page 2-13 in the manual at asus.com

MS has  mic test feature,  told at microsoft.com w10,  search there as millions have.

HP Recommended

the sound is not AMD

it is Realtek

and only the ASUS, driver will work.

why not post mobo model you have Asus.

x470 I guess

but not told

that go to asus.com

then see x470 support page

get the drivers and use them like all other asus users do.

for 25 years now.  only the asus driver work best, they designed the mobo not HP ,not AMD , ASUS did,

my guess deaf ears.

what phones do you have, I can not see them and connect front or back panel and how?

the front will be dead if you did not wire up the front panel with Asus custom cables out of the box new.

rears work for sure so use them.

pink is mic and must be turned on first i w10 as w10 is now more secure and default for cameras and mice are OFF.

facts all. no PC told no Mobo told no mic told nor now connected.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with the Microphone.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to run the AMD auto detect graphics utility from the link below, and see if it finds a driver for your microphone.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

I have a HP notebook with an AMD chipset and Ryzen 4500 processor and the microphone is part of the graphics subsystem, not the audio subsystem.  It also has the Realtek HD audio system.

Never have I heard of such a thing, until I got this notebook, and the microphone didn't work.

Using the above utility solved the problem for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.