Level 2
22 11 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

iPhone Photo Transfer

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

me and my family have been having these problems for a while now. every time we go to move photos onto a computer, the PC either doesn't recognize the phone, or it encounters an error while moving photos. we've tried different USB ports, cables, and PC's but it doesn't matter. the issue I'm currently having is that my desktop says it recognizes my phone, and I can open it, but if I try moving the files manually I get the error "Device is unreachable" after a few photos have moved. If I try moving them Via the old version of the built in windows photo importer, it says a similar error after moving a few photos. when I try importing them through the Photos app, It says there are no USB devices connected.

Any tips? Windows is up to date, as well as iTunes. 

2 REPLIES 2
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
32,065 31,770 2,925 10,673
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alduin 

I am curious whether you have tried installing iCloud for windows onto the computer and using it to view / print your photos originally taken on your iPhone.

I use this method on Windows 10 Pro PC to access photos taken on iPad Pro.

iCloud for Windows 

Any photos are set to be downloaded to my Windows PC.

(Check the box next to Photos in iCloud and shown in the example picture at the website.)

In my case, iCloud photos from iPad show up in Windows computer in Folder:

C:\Users\MyAccount\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads

Nice and neat - no "transfer" beyond having installed the iCloud app for Windows and setting the options.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Alduin
Author
Level 2
22 11 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there anyway of selecting which photos to back up?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation