Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

can you help me find the Intel Management Engine interface driver for a 

HP Pavilion Desktop  Model # 550-153w

Serial # [edit] Product #  N0A97AA #ABA

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this one works for you...

11.0.0.1155 Rev.A

This package provides the driver for the Intel Management Engine Interface solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71615.exe

HP Recommended

I tried but it did not work I may juat disable it (what does it even do anyway)

HP Recommended

God bless you 

I tried a few more times & it WORKED!

Thank you very much

HP Recommended

I restarted PC a couple of times & check the Intel Management Engine interface again  I got the "The device cannot start (Code 10)"  error

I dont know what to do now but disable it?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You really don't need it for a home computer but it is always nice to have a 'clean' device manager.

Right click on the problem Intel Management Engine Interface device, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and then check the device manager.

If W10 doesn't reinstall a driver, there should be a device listed in the device manager labeled as a PCI Simple Communications controller.

If you see that, click on it, then click on the driver tab.

Click on Update Driver, select the automatic search and see if Windows Update finds, downloads and installs a working driver.

If it doesn't let me know, and I will look into alternative drivers or methods to install it.

And God Bless you too!

HP Recommended

check you bios and if you dont understand take you computer to the computer shop it is an easy fix you have the worng bios in your computer trust me when i say this i had the same issue

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have OCD.

A tidy Device Manager is heaven!  :Halo:

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.