Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This file in installed Go Pro apps, "liberay32.dll".  It has to be renamed or it will not run on 2023 HP PAVILLON DESKTOP TP01-3016?

After renaming, the apps work {and I assume at its designed speed}. But this disrupts normal operations, and the APP will stay operating, so many Go Pro app stay open till it locks up. Worried this burp, might corrupt video renders that pass thru this "editing" app software.  ?What to do?  Maybe join a Go Pro forum platform. Maybe, but I will start with the HP problem.  For infact the Go Pro apps work on a 10-year-old 'Dell', 3-year-old 'Concept D' notebooks, but not this newest and powerhouse for video editing HP DeskTop.  SO, 'DO I ACCEPT' THE ".DLL" RENAME OR does someone have a "registry" change that will accept Go Pro apps?  {Or a 32/64 compatibility test?}

Thank U, Keene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That DLL is used for secure communication.  If it wont run or be installed then there is a problem with it.  I suspect it has a security problem and it is not allowed to install.

If you rename or delete it then Go Pro cannot find it and instead uses one that it finds somewhere in windows.  I suspect the one it finds is the one that is secure and allowed to run.

Just my 0.02c opinion.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That DLL is used for secure communication.  If it wont run or be installed then there is a problem with it.  I suspect it has a security problem and it is not allowed to install.

If you rename or delete it then Go Pro cannot find it and instead uses one that it finds somewhere in windows.  I suspect the one it finds is the one that is secure and allowed to run.

Just my 0.02c opinion.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

BeemerBiker Thanks for your opinion.  I spent day updating my new HP desktop to revise my computer to accept the 'libeay32.dll' tool. It didn't so I accept it won't. Been there, done that, the 'renaming'.  I had renamed it in my Go Pro Fusion ver. 1.3 & 1.4 last week when I wanted to prove the new 360 videos I took could be stitched, rendered to a video to be edited and burnt to a DVD.  This HP PAVILLON DESKTOP TP01-3016 can render the spiral clips. {all night long} CPU. MEM, GPU were near even at 90%, fans so quiet. [many overnight sessions while I sleep]

For the price this HP desktop has endurance, it will be dedicated to 'long rendering seasons'.

So the desktop operated, I'm happy, not going to return computer.  It did work, but do I want to hack into a program's commands and which could do something to my video project as I pass it along to other programs.   So the missing file didn't, so far, affect Go Pro's apps abilities, that I can see. So I feel the file is a security tool, maybe 32 bit, and confusing to newest computer version.  While out the secuity .dll,  the security question is not confused, but it still has to be answered to allow any app to open without security. Maybe HP provides it own security tool??   I will get back if any fowl problems occur because of the renaming a ".dll" file. Keene

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.