Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am refurbishing an HP Pro 6300 SFF computer and wanted to connect M2(PCIx16 v3.0 M.2 SSD NVMe). But bios (K01 v03.02) doesn't see it. If I update the bios to the latest version, will m2 work for me? Or how can I solve this problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kollegas,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

I don't think that even the latest HP Pro 6300 SFF BIOS version will be able to help you.  I tried that too on my HP Pro 6300 SFF upgrade project: Solved: Upgrading HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF - Page 5 - HP Support Community - 8184303, and did not succeed. Btw, still holding the top spots (with Xeon E3-1290 v2 and i7-3770K processors) in UserBenchMark: UserBenchmark: HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF Compatible Components.

The one thing I didn't try (yet), is to use an M.2 SSD to 2.5-Inch SATA III adapter, such as this one: Amazon.com: SABRENT M.2 SSD to 2.5-Inch SATA III Aluminum Enclosure Adapter (EC-M2SA) : Everything E....

Mind you, this would work ONLY with an M.2 NGFF B&M Key SSD:

NonSequitur777_0-1670120131344.png

This method should make an M.2 NGFF B&M Key SSD besides a (fast) storage drive, an optional primary boot drive option in BIOS, but I am not sure about this.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

Dear Forum member, I hope my response was helpful. If it is, consider to click "YES" on the: "Was this reply helpful?" button. If my response answered your question, please indicate as an "Accepted Solution".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.