Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY HP ENVY X360 LAPTOP GOES TO SLEEP QUICKLY AND FORCES ME TO LOG BACK IN EVERY TIME. BOY THIS REALLY IS A PAIN.  DOES SOMEONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?  I HAVE FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCREEN LOCK AND NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ringler46

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Please follow the below steps: 

In the Device Manager window, locate the device you want to prevent from waking your computer. It will have the same name as it does in the output of the powercfg command you just ran. Right-click the device and select “Properties” from the context menu. 

On the “Power Management” tab of the device’s properties window, disable the “Allow this device to wake the computer” option and then click “OK.” 

While you’ve got Device Manager open, go ahead and disallow any other devices you don’t want waking up your computer. When you’re done, you can exit Device Manager. 

Disable Wake Timers and Scheduled Tasks 

The another thing that can wake your PC is a scheduled task. Some scheduled tasks—for example, an antivirus app that schedules a scan—can set a wake timer to wake your PC at the specific time to run an app or command. To see a list of wake timers set on your computer, you can use a Command Prompt command. You’ll have to run Command Prompt with administrative privileges for this one. To do so, hit Start, type “command,” and when you see the Command Prompt app, right-click it and choose “Run as administrator.” 

In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and then press Enter: 

powercfg -waketimers 

have one wake timer—a scheduled task set to check whether you have any large files queued for downloading so that you can have the downloading happen when you're not using the PC. 

You have to choices for stopping this: you can either disable that specific wake timer, or disable all wake timers.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ringler46

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Please follow the below steps: 

In the Device Manager window, locate the device you want to prevent from waking your computer. It will have the same name as it does in the output of the powercfg command you just ran. Right-click the device and select “Properties” from the context menu. 

On the “Power Management” tab of the device’s properties window, disable the “Allow this device to wake the computer” option and then click “OK.” 

While you’ve got Device Manager open, go ahead and disallow any other devices you don’t want waking up your computer. When you’re done, you can exit Device Manager. 

Disable Wake Timers and Scheduled Tasks 

The another thing that can wake your PC is a scheduled task. Some scheduled tasks—for example, an antivirus app that schedules a scan—can set a wake timer to wake your PC at the specific time to run an app or command. To see a list of wake timers set on your computer, you can use a Command Prompt command. You’ll have to run Command Prompt with administrative privileges for this one. To do so, hit Start, type “command,” and when you see the Command Prompt app, right-click it and choose “Run as administrator.” 

In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and then press Enter: 

powercfg -waketimers 

have one wake timer—a scheduled task set to check whether you have any large files queued for downloading so that you can have the downloading happen when you're not using the PC. 

You have to choices for stopping this: you can either disable that specific wake timer, or disable all wake timers.

Keep me posted. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It worked for me... Hooray!! Thanks for your help...:)

HP Recommended

That's great! @ringler46

Happy to hear that. 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.