Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have had a new computer HP windows 10 all in one and wondered if there is a manual available for it my old one was on XP and things have changed since then I just feel I have this expensive computer and it has got hidden things I'm unaware of I'm only using it the same as my old XP I'm sure there is lots of tips I'm missing out on can any one help 

many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@lizzy222 

You would have to provide us the model number of the PC for us to search for a manual for it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi Lizzy,

You can find it here on HP's Support Home Page:

Just look for:

Identify your product for manuals and specific product information 

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@lizzy222,

I am re-posting this, but with full comment.  In my haste to answer you,  I got reminded by HP of the policies, later.

My original message to you was not meant to imply any disrespect.  We have some new members who might not understand English, or its translation.

There are books that explain the new WIN 10 features and can guide you to understand the features.   There is a publishing company that made a fortune with books for the novice, but the titles are a " tongue-in-cheek figure of speech is used to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended, and it should not be taken at face value".   IMHO, not appropriate, but the titles are a marketing ploy.

Here is a link for that book.  It is also available at most book stores.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply appreciate you taking time I did think it was a bit abrupt but as I suffer with anxiety thought it was just me over reacting  and Iv been on the front line working for the NHS so again thought it was just me I have seen these books so did understand what you were recommending,  I Just know basic on computers  and would like to know more so was going to find out some more things about them but absolutely no worries about it and thank you for apology 

lib

HP Recommended

@lizzy222,

First of all, thank you for being a "front line worker".  I once bought an official MS book on WIN 7.  It was really "stuffy", and above my understanding (at that time).  When I bought the other style of book (you know what I mean), the lessons became clear.  Hope you stay safe, and enjoy the book(s).

If you want an easy way to cope, look at "Classic Shell".  Keep it in the download folder. I have noticed only 1 problem.  After a major WIN upgrade, it gets broken. So just re-install. Simple fix.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.