68 25 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

one hard drive shows as 2 discs

HP Recommended
hp envy 700 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I use Disk management, it shows disc 0 with several partitions and a disc 1 with no partitions but 14.91 GB. What is this second disk, and if I delete it, where does that 14.91 GB go?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,022 24,673 2,882 10,676
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tizzy, welcome back to the forum.

Does disc 1 have a lable that tells you what is supposed to do, such as, HP TOOLS?  If not, and you are certain that there is nothing on it that you need, the space will simply become a part of the free space.

You can go into File Explorer to This PC / right click on the partition and select Properties.  This will tell you what is on it.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tizzy, welcome back to the forum.

Does disc 1 have a lable that tells you what is supposed to do, such as, HP TOOLS?  If not, and you are certain that there is nothing on it that you need, the space will simply become a part of the free space.

You can go into File Explorer to This PC / right click on the partition and select Properties.  This will tell you what is on it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
tizzy
Author
Level 3
68 25 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It turns out that my desktop has a mSATA SSD C ache - that is what disc 1 is.

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @tizzy.  I am glad that your problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation