Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pc hp compaq dc7700 small form factor
Microsoft Windows XP

I have this pc( pc hp compaq dc7700 small form factor) but it doesn't work because of its software which doesn't update  with windows xp. I would like to change the windows so i can reuse my pc properly. Could you tell me if this machine can afford a windows change?? for example windows 8 or 10 . thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

It should be able to run W10 64 bit just fine.

I am running W10 Pro on a dc7800 (one model series newer), and it works just fine.

The only thing is...W10 Home or Pro is going to cost you a lot of money, and it would probably be cheaper to get a used but newer model HP business desktop that already has been upgraded to W10.

I bet you can find a newer HP business desktop with W10 for less money than you would pay for W10 to install on your dc7700.

For example:  This costs less than Windows 10 Home would cost you and it is 4 models newer than yours.

Dc7700, dc7800, dc7900/8000 Elite, 8100 Elite, 8200 Elite).

HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF i5-2500 3.3 GHz 4 GB Ram 250HD WIN 10 PRO & Recovery #3 | eBay

Shop around.

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry but there may be no need to buy another computer, just because of a windows license
you can try to search, windows key!
it is very common, we only provide you with the key, so much cheaper than if we go directly through microsoft!
then just download the installation media, and activate with the key!
Well I know there are questionable sites, and it does not work, but for less than 30 € it can be found
Maybe better than buying a used computer, which might not be in such good condition.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.