Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TE01-4000i RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

Desk top locks up when in sleep mode

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @jpdsr3,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP ENVY Desktop PC is having trouble coming out of sleep mode or is locking up when in sleep mode, here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Update Drivers and BIOS: Ensure that your computer's drivers and BIOS are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause issues with sleep mode.
  • Power Settings: Check the power settings in Windows to ensure they are configured correctly. You can adjust these settings by going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
  • Disable Hybrid Sleep: Hybrid Sleep is a combination of sleep and hibernate mode. Disabling it might resolve issues with waking from sleep. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Sleep > Allow hybrid sleep > Setting: Off.
  • Check for Malware: Sometimes malware can interfere with sleep mode. Perform a full system scan using your antivirus software to rule out any malware issues.
  • Adjust Sleep Settings: Experiment with different sleep settings to see if a specific combination resolves the issue. You can adjust these in the power plan settings mentioned earlier.
  • Reset Power Settings to Default: If you've made a lot of changes, resetting your power settings to default can sometimes fix issues. You can do this in the Power Options menu.
  • Check Hardware Issues: Ensure that there are no hardware issues causing the problem. Faulty components, such as the motherboard or RAM, can sometimes lead to sleep mode issues.
  • Update Windows: Ensure that your Windows operating system is fully updated. Microsoft often releases updates that can fix bugs and improve system stability.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.