Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp compaq CQ2510uk
Microsoft Windows XP

hi can someone please help a newbie . i have removed my hard drive and the dvd cd thing from my computer and cant reconnect them back to motherboard due to the photos i took and saved was in my mobile which decided that it wanted to go swimming so cant reassemble it can you please help the model is hp compaq cq2510uk am totally gutted as got photos of my children on there thank you .

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You need a power connection and a data connection to both drives.

The power connection is provided by the power supply. The data connection is a SATA cable which connects to SATA ports on the motherboard and the SATA connection on the drives.

You can check the Upgrading and Servicing guide (Link) for tips. Scroll down to review connections to the drives.

You can look at the motherboard at this (Link). Click on the (+) next to Privas.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi thank you very much for the information  i will try it later and get back to you to let you know if all good if thats ok and once again ty for reply .

HP Recommended

Hi Ihavebrokeit,

You're very welcome.

Yes, let the forum know if you need additional assistance.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.