Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 810-370st CTO
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
when I am logging into a website that I have a saved password for I get a popup requesting my pin as a shortcut however if I have changed the password for the site on my other computer the popup comes up over the manually input area and wont go away how do I shut this off
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jimw58 

Your browser software or your security software on the computer is likely in control of your website password login process. 

In the case of your browser, you might be able to use "synchronize" (sometimes called by its shortcut "sync") to copy your browser settings, including your passwords, from one computer to another.  Firefox, for example, provides a method of "sync" - you do have to have a Firefox account to use the feature.

Security software (installed on your computer) might provide a feature to synchronize across your devices.  Whether your security software provides synchronized logins for your websites depends entirely on the kind of security software you are running.  Some of the "free" stuff may not do this - some purchased security software provides extra features, including having the ability to "sync" your logins and passwords across devices.

Not sure  how to bypass a PIN requirement - this, too, likely has much to do with your method of controlling the website logons (browser security as compared to installed client security on the computer). 

You might be able to switch off unwanted notifications on the browser.  The exact procedure depends on the browser you are using and whatever options are available to prevent pop-ups.

Start by checking the settings available for the type of security software you are using for website logins and passwords.   If the pop-up is extraneous to the website login process, check to see how / where / if your browser can control pop-ups.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.