Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
intel pentium J2900 NOBO8AA#AB

my computer screen will move up and down by it self, the cursor constantly flasshes and the hourglass thing shows up, it runs slow, I have alot of files on it and I have only had it since 9/2016 that I hace not put on here . It is like someone else is on here using my computer, I have changed the password to my router, reset my computer and did a complete redo. I have had nothing but problems with it since i bought it, I had HP support on here a week after i bought thats when everything else started.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK, that was a good move ... so maybe now, no one will be able to hijack your network to get into your PC.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jim-broad-field

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about someone on your PC and wanted to help -- but need more information.

First of all, we need the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Second, we need to know which OS version is running: Win7, Win8, Win10.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I think I know I am 56 yrs old and do no know much about computers. I am running windows 10 product # is NOBO8AA#ABA. I will add some things, There I have shut down computer for the night and when I got on it the next day my picture was different my home page was different, apps had been open and I do not use app's at all I am ready to ask for refund and get me a different kind of computer, thank you for trying to help if you need anything please let me know and I will do my best to get it as long as I understand what your talking about not to computer savy on my end

HP Recommended

@jim-broad-field

Thanks for the information.

In Windows 10, when you are viewing the desktop, there is something known as slideshow mode, in which the wallpaper (background) gets automatically changed at some interval.  I have mine set so it changes every time I login.

As to apps opening, the new Start Menu in Win10 does have active Tiles, and those are apps that run automatically.  So that is to be expected.

That said, if you are unhappy with your present PC and can return it for a refund, then that is what you should do.  There is no point in being miserable with something you have bought.

Good Luck

HP Recommended

I would rather solve the problem than go thru the hassle of return, Right now I cannot be without a computer, yesterday I changed the password to my router again thru my internet provider and so far nothing noticeable has been going on.

HP Recommended

OK, that was a good move ... so maybe now, no one will be able to hijack your network to get into your PC.

Good Luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.