15 10 0 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

switching monitor from video to desktop and back

HP Recommended
pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I occasionally use my monitor to watch video (via dish network) and it works fine to switch manually from video to the desktop and back.   That process requires going to input control by manually touching the bottom right of the monitor frame, selecting HDMI and then OK, and then repeating the process when going the other way (HDMI to DVI).  This is fine, but cumbersome.  I wonder if there is an easier way to do this, perhaps some keyboard command?  Not a big deal but any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Incidentally, I'm now on year three of my HP monitor/desktop and both continue to work great with no trouble (as does my HP officejet pro 8620).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,705 32,605 2,968 7,286
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bear1066

If you're talking about switching the video inputs to the monitor -- that is a hardware-only function, there is no command or feature you can use in Windows to do this.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,705 32,605 2,968 7,286
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bear1066

If you're talking about switching the video inputs to the monitor -- that is a hardware-only function, there is no command or feature you can use in Windows to do this.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

bear1066
Author
Level 2
15 10 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I sort of thought that's where we'd wind up.  Might be something to think about from a human factors design standpoint.  Probably not a big deal.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation