stuckInTheWeb
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

win7 drivers for a win10 computer

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion 590-p0024 with win10. I want to install win7 instead. How do I get the win 7 drivers, HP only has win 10 drivers for this model?

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,787 32,909 3,069 7,571
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@stuckInTheWeb 

Sorry to say this -- but you probably don't!  It's generally a bad idea to buy a new Win10 PC and then expect to run Win7 on it.

That said, there are folks on this forum that have access to drivers that I don't -- and they might be able to point you to an HP model that has Win7 drivers compatible with yours.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TapTheNiteAway
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I could NOT sign in to this forum with the account I made last night "StuckInTheWeb" because they do NOT understand it was me who set up that account?!?!???

AnyWay...

I did NOT "buy a new Win10 PC and then expect to run Win7 on it".

I bought a new computer because my old one died and I had expected that the music DAW program I use this computer for would work with Win10... It did NOT; so I am trying to go back to Win7 which my DAW duz work on.

'Nuff Said...

@WAWood wrote:

@stuckInTheWeb 

Sorry to say this -- but you probably don't!  It's generally a bad idea to buy a new Win10 PC and then expect to run Win7 on it.

That said, there are folks on this forum that have access to drivers that I don't -- and they might be able to point you to an HP model that has Win7 drivers compatible with yours.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation