Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy curved all in one 34-b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

new out of the box.. has horizontal bar and working.  But only one channel.  Cannot find setting for multi mixing?   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @roninga, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand the taskbar and volume mixer on your PC is not working.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please try few steps recommended below to enable volume icon and taskbar missing from your PC.

Click windows icon, open Settings > Select System > select Notifications & actions. Here click on the Turn system icon on or off the link.

Or 

1) From the Windows 10 desktop, right-click on the taskbar, then select Properties to open the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties box.
2) In the Taskbar tab, left-click the Customize... button on the right of 'Notification area:' to open the Settings/SYSTEM/Notifications & actions window.
3) In that window, under Quick actions, left-click on 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' to open the Settings/SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window.
4) In that window, a list of icons is displayed with their names and on/off switches.  Find the Volume icon and select the switch to On.  Close the window.
5) You may have to restart Windows for this change to take effect.

Please try the steps recommended below.

To fix task bar issue In the search box, type control panel then select Control Panel and click on Taskbar and Navigation. Uncheck the Auto-hide the taskbar box. 

This should fix the taskbar without auto hiding.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am not sure you understand this problem.  I can see the volume bar and it works fine.  On my old vista hp I had a multi bar arrangement were I could mute one audio channel and still listen to another active channel.  This new windows ten only has one volume bar.  As an example, If I am listening to amazon music and say a u tube entry also, they both are on my main speaker at the same time.  I have no mute capability to temporarily mute one or the other, thus letting me hear only one at a time.  So the question remains How do I find my windows 10 volume multi channel  mixer.  On the old vista hp I could raise or lower these multi channels of audio as well as mute them independently.   Thank you again.  I hope you have another solution.   roninga:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

@roninga, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the audio enhancements on your PC is missing.

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

You may try uninstalling and reinstalling the sound card drivers from device manager and
a. Type in Device Manager in the Start Screen. Select the same.
b. Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers in the Device Manager Window.
c.Right click on the Device.
d.Click on Properties.
e.Click on Driver Tab.
f.Click on Uninstall drivers.
g.Click OK.

Now restart the computer and install the latest drivers using HP support assistant and check if the issue still persists.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists try uninstalling the audio drivers from device manager and install the drivers using HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.