Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24f Display
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi!

I have just purchased a 24f HP Monitor. I came home and successfully connected it to a PC. Then I tried connecting it to my Mac and I couldn't find a way to make it work. The monitor does not recognize my Mac and vice-versa. I tried the 'Detect Display' function but nothing happens when I click on it. I have also tried connecting the monitor while the computer was closed/off, but it didn't work. 

Just to add some background information, my computer is a  15'' MacBook Pro (purchased 1 year ago) and this is the adapter I am using to connect it to the USB-C port: https://www.trust.com/en/product/21011-usb-c-to-hdmi-converter 

One thing I noticed (based on what is declared on the package) is that the adapter's resolution seems to be 3840x2160, which is different from both the resolution of the screen and my computer. Could this have something to do with the problem I am encountering? Could there be other compatibility issues? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Elena

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Elena04, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Is the monitor working fine when connected to the Win PC?

Have you tried using any other cables and check if that help with the MAC?

Let us try this step:

On the Monitor display menu, select Input Control > Auto switch Input > Change it to ON

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.