Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24w
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello

24w Monitor (1CA86AA) is behaving weirdly in some situations

Sometimes the image border will become weird and flicker. I managed to reproduce this when looking at log files (simulated log file being listed, notice the top left corner)

20200429_091239.jpg

This can go from this to a heavier flickering border. Turning the monitor off/on, factory reset, doesn't seem to make it better

I've seen this happen at other occasions with different programs, but after the problem was triggered

Is this a problem with the product?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WorriedFromHome That's an interesting pun 😉 Although, I'll be working on getting your worries sorted, here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• Check if it works fine on an alternate monitor, or by connecting the HP monitor to an HP desktop, and check the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the alternate monitor or the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart for HP computers) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters or contact the manufacturer or the desktop for support,
    • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS or the other monitor either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.
  • Also, if you don't have an HP computer, try lowering the resolution of your Mac OS and check if that helps

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.