Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just ran the recovery process. It took hours and hours. In the end the system automatically updated windows to the most current version. I had no option to stop it. So I am NOT at the state the machine was at upon initial setup. I am exactly where I was before beginning the whole recovery process. NOTHING CHANGED. I have no touchscreen and no camera. I need this fixed. It is obviously some kind of driver error that HP failed to reconcile with Microsoft. If I can't role back the drivers to their original manufacturer defaults, how can this be fixed?? I'd like the option to speak with someone via phone. I have been trying to resolve this for 6 months and have wasted dozens of hours on it.

after recoveryafter recovery

HP Recommended

@ChrisJC1

Thank you for posting back. 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, this sounds like hardware related issue with the computer.
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

No, this is not a hardware issue. This is a driver issue. Whatever the process is for HP to provide Microsoft with the necessary information to update drivers it is apparently broken. The touchscreen and the camera were functioning perfectly fine in this computer. At some point an update changed all of that by removing the appropriate drivers. Also, during troubleshooting, you had me perform a Windows update. What you failed to mention is that the last Windows update also installed itself on the recovery partition. So now there is no ability to do a factory restore because that original OS software is gone. There have been numerous threads going back 2 years which detail the same exact problem. None of them have been solved. You suggested I contact the Support Engineers. There is no way to contact ANYONE at HP if your warranty is expired. I would like for you to provide a contact number so I can speak to someone who can resolve this. This is something that HP and Microsoft broke and I want you to fix it.

HP Recommended

@ChrisJC1

Thank you for posting back.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. Will they be contacting me by email or through this forum? I haven't heard anything yet.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you please PM me a working phone number that I can call to get this escalated and resolved? You sent this to 'the appropriate team within HP'. Someone named JeffHelp responded on September 11. He asked for the machine details. I provided them, then he asked if I wanted a repair quote. I responded that this wasn't a hardware issue, but that I needed the original drivers for the unit. He then gave me a phone number to call for software support. You can not speak with anyone at that number unless you pay for a support service. Each response from him takes several days. I've asked him 3 more times to provide an real solution. He has not responded back. It's now been 2 full weeks since he originally contacted me and he hasn't provided any assistance. I need to speak with someone live to get this resolved. This is obviously an HP problem and they need to take ownership of it.

HP Recommended

Hello?? I'm still waiting for a response from you. Your attempt to refer this to 'an appropriate team within HP' yielded no results and the person basically abandoned the case.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.