Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 27 inch FHD 165Hz Gaming Monitor - OMEN 27

Are W11 22H2 drivers safe to download and install on W11 23H2 version system? the question is arising because I need to install the monitor driver but not entirely sure is this safe to do because the hp website offers W11 22H2 driver as latest however my system is W11 23H2.

OMEN by HP 27 inch FHD 165Hz Gaming Monitor - OMEN 27

Product
780F9AA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be fine with installing the W11 22H2 monitor driver from the support page.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be fine with installing the W11 22H2 monitor driver from the support page.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I was considering tagging you in the post, but I hesitated. No worries now you are here.

Also in addition to the original post I have to know is this driver necessary to perform the advertised options, or equivalent is already installed together with the windows (I saw updates and drivers being installed but did not take specific notes) and GPU Drivers and how do I check? And also this computer is a custom, I assembled myself and installed all the drivers so far except for this driver that the HP support recommend for the monitor.

HP Recommended

Looking at the monitor driver information, and small file size it is typical of any other monitor driver I've come across.

OMEN by HP 27 inch FHD 165Hz Gaming Monitor - OMEN 27 Software and Driver Details

If W11 has already installed a monitor driver, check the driver version and date against the one from the support page.

I explored the driver setup information file and the actual driver version and date is:

1.0.0.0    01/17/2023

HP Recommended

Wow I am impressed by how old the driver on my brand new computer and operating system is. it dates to 2006 June 21.

I will try and explore the microsoft website and see the monitor drivers that they have currently vs the monitor driver HP provides. I consider this Solved. Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

If the monitor is labeled as a Generic PnP monitor in the device manager, then I recommend you install the HP driver from the support page. 

HP Recommended

alright, so lets discuss deeper. Some suggest a clean driver install. is that something I have to undertake in this situation? I have time to do this however the only knowledge is in the internet.

You are absolutely correct the monitor is labeled as Generic Pnp.

HP Recommended

All you need to do is to download and run the driver. 

Nothing special is required. 

After the driver installs the monitor will show up by its model description, and not a Generic PnP monitor, and will have the driver version and date I posted. 

HP Recommended

🫡🤝 Just so everyone reading know. I sought after this driver because I am experiencing color bleed when dragging things across the screen and scrolling. I will post an update after Driver is installed. thank you for replying and working for a solution to Paul_Tikkanen

HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

Hopefully installing the HP driver will improve your monitor's performance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.