Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 310
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The computer worked fine with no problems.  Today the computer turns on but the screen is black.  I tried the troubleshooting reference from HP but it is not working.  Saw there were others with the same problems.  Was anyone successful in getting the computer video back on?  My Dissertation is on this PC!!!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE HELP ME

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@ELPitts, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting for black Screen 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did any hardware changes take place on the computer?
  • Do you hear any beep sounds?
  • Does the HP logo or any other message appear initially when the computer powers on?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Press and hold the power button to power off the PC.
  • Disconnect all cables and devices from the PC. Also, disconnect the power cable. 
  • Press and hold the power button of the PC for 10 seconds and then release it.
  • Reconnect, the power cable, key, and mouse and power on the PC.
  • Power on the PC and hit the F10 key repeatedly to enter the BIOS of the PC.

If the PC does not get to the BIOS then please perform the BIOS recovery on the PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.