Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 22w Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I notice that in the morning I need high brightness on the monitor (HP 22w), less over afternoon and even less during the evening. Now, of course, adjusting this via the buttons on the back of the monitor every time (like 3 times in the day) is inconvenient, as you can imagine. I'm just wondering if this could be somehow automated or something, maybe to adjust brightness automatically to pre-set levels at three different times in the day or so ?

Also, I have noticed, despite currently with my set up projecting only on the monitor (and nothing on my laptop screen), the monitor does NOT change brightness when clicking on the up/down brightness buttons on my laptop keyboard. I do see the slider bar (on top-left of the screen, Windows 10) come down/up by pressing the keyboard down/up buttons for brightness, but strangely there's no actual change there is to the monitor's brightness...

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Bump, anyone got a clue ? Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

@KL247

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use the on-screen display (OSD) menu to adjust the monitor screen image based on your preferences. You can access and make adjustments in the OSD menu using the buttons on the monitor’s bezel.
To access the OSD menu and make adjustments, do the following:

• 1. If the monitor is not already on, press the power button to turn on the monitor.
  • 2. Press the Menu button to open the OSD.
  • 3. Use the menu options to navigate, select, and adjust the menu choices. The options are variable depending on the menu or sub-menu that is active.

The following table lists the menu selections in the OSD menu.

• Main Menu
  • Description
  • Brightness
  • Adjusts the brightness level of the screen.
  • Contrast
  • Adjusts the screen contrast.
  • Color Control
  • Selects and adjusts the screen color.
  • Input Control
  • Selects the video input signal.
  • Image Control
  • Adjusts the screen image.
  • Power Control
  • Adjusts the power settings.
  • Menu Control
  • Opens and closes the OSD menu.
  • Management
  • Enables/disables DDC/CI support and returns all OSD menu settings to the factory default settings.
    Language
  • Selects the language in which the OSD menu is displayed. The factory default is English.
  • Information
  • Displays important information about the monitor.
  • Exit
  • Exits the OSD menu screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.