Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-xa0037na
Microsoft Windows 11

The Pavilion All-in-One 27 has a built in web cam that you slide up from the rear of the screen. This switches the camera on. Conversely when pushed back down it switches off the camera. The camera also has the systems built in microphone.

It has worked well for 2 years, then suddenly I started receiving the 'we can't find your camera' when it was slid into the 'on' position.  Went through all the usual driver reinstalling procedures and even had the HP Helpdesk take remote control to check everything was how it should be. We noticed that under 'devices manager' the camera wasn't visible when the camera was in the up/on position, but suddenly appeared when turned off. The camera app confirmed that the camera was on/live when physically pushed into the down/closed position. 

It would seem that somehow the on/off switch within the pc has reversed itself. It is not a software problem. Has any other user experienced this or would know (if I remove the back panel and the camera housing), what switch or cable connection I am looking for to see if there is a physical rectification possible? Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.