Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP display 27er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a desktop with two HP 27er displays. One of them has a button that is stuck; it is the second button from the left. The reason I know it is stuck is it will always show the "Information" OSD. I can do the power button reset and after 30 seconds the monitor will turn off, but when I turn it on the OSD "Information" screen turns up immediately. If I press "Exit" button the OSD will disappear for a few seconds, but comes back again.

According to other tips you can disable one button by depressing it for 10 seconds, but it has to be without the OSD on the screen, and I cannot do that as long as the OSD comes on automatically. The button itself is not stuck (it "clicks" when depressed), so it is probably the bi-metal soft switch that doesn't release. 

The monitor is (of course) just out of warranty...

I've been looking for disassembly instructions but not found anything I wanted to try!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the part on eBay, installed it and the problem was solved!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@viking58

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that you are in need of support, need not worry I'll be glad to assists you.

I'm afraid that this could be a hardware issue with the monitor. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

If your product is out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion. I tend to agree- so I have decided to repace the buttons. Does anybody know if the 27es and 27er use the same spare part? I have found several listed for the 27es, but no firm confirmation that it will also work for the 27er. 

As for the disassemby; will removing the bezel give access to the button assemby? Anybody tried to replace this part?

HP Recommended

@viking58

You're welcome. 🙂

As @Raj1788 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

The buttons on the monitor are usually non replaceable parts and HP normally replaces the monitor (if it's under warranty). 

However, you can attempt to press and hold the Menu button on the bottom side of the front bezel for 10 seconds and check if that helps. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted for any further questions.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

No warranty of course - it expired two months ago!

I have tried to reset the buttons to no avail. I'm willing to try a $20 repair vs. a $200 replacement...

After 20+ years with Compaq/HP I should be able to perform the repair myself!|

HP Recommended

@viking58

I re-checked and I'm afraid, the part you're looking for replacement is unavailable.

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

I found the part on eBay, installed it and the problem was solved!

HP Recommended

@viking58

Great work. 🙂

I'm glad that you could find the part and have installed it successfully and it seems to work fine. 

Kudos to you.

HP Recommended

For the record, I'm having this problem as well. Monitor is 6 months out of warranty. Third button stuck. If I hit the menu button, it automatically tries to change inputs. IF I can get in the menu button, it scrolls up constantly. I also found the Menu Function Board 0171-1781-3094 (P/N: 352500520156)  on eBay for 20 dollars, and will attempt a repair myself.  

HP Recommended

It is fairly easy to replace. Just loosen the two screws by the connectors and remove the cover on the back (just the "box"; no reason to remove the frame as I did!). Also, the ribbon cable connects to a ZIF connector that breaks easily ...

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.