01-13-2020 12:20 PM
since some time I can't grave my cds in the writer , it shows like this: impossible to write a file. the writer is busy, while awaiting
to fulfill the activity in progress. if necessary, verify that the writer is connected rightly and installed the latest upgrade drivers.
can anyone help me?
01-15-2020 01:15 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Next step run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629 If the issue persists click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03370738 and follow the troubleshooting steps in order to complete the CD/DVD Drive issue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee