Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
pavilion TG01-1209
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion TG01-1209 desktop system that comes with a GTX 1660 super. I would like to change it to a GT 710 or GT 1030. Is that possible?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
sorry if i am wrong i didn't check with comparison websites ...
But why would you want to go from a super gtx 1660 to a simple gt 710, it seems to me that the gtx should perform better, right?

[edit]

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super™ (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

search gt 710 

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, you are right, the GTX 1660 is a lot better than the GT 710, but I need to put in the GT 710 for  a display purpose only.

HP Recommended

So what is your concern in fact?
You will lose a lot in performance!

https://store.hp.com/CanadaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=13Z87AA&opt=ABL&sel=DTP&lang=fr-CA

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I wanted to know if I can take out the GTX 1660 and replace it with a GT 710. Would it work? Is there a special set up require? I wanted to know before I take out the 1660 and give it to my son. He need it for gaming and all I need is a computer to display food pictures (menu).

HP Recommended

In this case it will be necessary to check, the reverse!
Can the son's computer run this gtx card ...
Otherwise, in your case, if you are not using a powerful application, you can just try without graphics card, use integrated video!
No need to buy this type of card, which will not be used for much

TG01-1209 Caractéristiques du produit

Carte graphique Intel UHD 630 (pour les processeurs Intel Core i5-10400, Core i7-10700 et Core i3-10100)

Ports d'E/S arrière

• 1 port Ethernet RJ-45
  • 1 port HDMI 1.4b/HDCP 2.2
  • 1 port VGA

if you already have the card, yes that shouldn't be a problem, you can test, you may need to check this:

Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 10, 😎

Upgrading and Servicing Guide

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

This HP system doesn't have integrated video. My son already using the same card, but his card was finish.

Jointing the COVID, kids are in the game 24/7.

HP Recommended

Either you give the wrong model, or there is a product page error !!
I told you what I read:

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1209 Bundle PC Product Specifications

Product Number
13Z87AA
Product Name
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1209 Bundle PC

Intel® Core™ i7-10700F

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super™ (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)

Motherboard Specifications, Baker

the motherboard video ports can be concealed with a plastic cover

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.