Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-In-One 24-b250ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I wanted to connect my Xbox 360 to my All-in-one PC to play games, because we don't have a tv.

So, we went to the store to get an HDMI Cable, and I connected it to the HDMI port.

(Number 7)

(Also they dont stand that kind of order, but I found this picture to show)

FangioT 24 back I/O ports

And same on the Xbox.

But when I connected them, nothing happened. I didn't even get a notification, or a pop up.

And I don't know hwo to switch screens, or something like that.

I've been searching for answers, and people say you have to press a button to switch from DVI to HDMI, but I don't have any buttons, exept the turning off/on switch and the cd port.

Can anybody help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@helpmewiththis_

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you're trying to connect an Xbox 360 to your HP Pavilion p7-1240 Desktop PC. You have connected the HDMI cable's one end to your Xbox and the other to the HDMI port at the back of the PC. I read that there is no display on the PC after connecting the HDMI cable. 

I did some research on this and found that the HDMI port on your HP PC is an HDMI out port and not an HDMI in port. You may check the product specifications of your PC (I/O ports>> Back I/O ports).

The HDMI out ports are only capable of providing a display to an external HDMI compatible screen. 

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to reply for any further questions. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.