Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP dreamcolor Z27x Studio

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with a Dreamcolor Z27x (this one https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-dreamcolor-z27x-studio-display/6644016/model/6644017?sku=D7R... ). The firmware is in Z7X220 and I need to upgrade it to be able to calibrate it with an xrite pro.

I did exactly what is write in the user guide :

- I copyed the .tar.gz file at the root of an empty and formated fat32 USB stick (tried in fat and NTFS too)

- Enabled the internal processor of the monitor

- Waited few minutes

- Inserted the usb stick into the monitor (the usb 2.0 dreamcolor ports)

But then, nothing happens.

Already tried another USB stick, tried a reset factory too.

In the menu i saw it is possible to update the monitor via network, but nothing is write about it in the user guide.

Any solutions are welcome,
Thanks helping me.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

I'm not sure it helps, but for the latest firmware here

HP DreamColor Z27x Firmware Update

Z7X250 Rev.A75.9 MBMar 15, 2017Download

The firmware is in Z7X220 and I need to upgrade it

VERSION: Z7X250 REV: A PASS: 1

DESCRIPTION:
This package contains a firmware update file for the HP DreamColor Z27x Professional Display.

PURPOSE: Routine
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: Z27x_Firmware_Z7X250.tar.gz

PREREQUISITES:
- Firmware version Z7X240 (SP79329) MUST be installed prior to upgrading to firmware version Z7X250.
- This firmware update only functions correctly with the HP DreamColor Z27x Professional Display.
HOW TO USE:
Instructions for updating the HP Z27x firmware via USB:

https://support.hp.com/soar-attachment/261/col56094-vc-182829-1-vc-182829-1_sp79330_releasedoc.html

HP DreamColor Z27x Firmware Update

Z7X240 Rev.A78.9 MBMar 14, 2017Download

do nothing without being sure, this is just for guidance
I don't have this type of monitor, never tried

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for your help,

Indeed this is the driver I want to install !

I did everyting until step 4 : Insert the USB flash drive with the latest firmware file into one of the dedicated USB DreamColor ports. The Z27x will automatically detect the firmware file and display on-screen instructions on how to install the firmware.

But the Z27x does not detect the firmware file....

HP Recommended

ok, but you don't tell me
you mention having a previous version unless I'm mistaken
it is advisable to make the update that I gave, before going to the last one ..
there too it does not work?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sorry if I was not clear 🙂

My monitor is in 220 version. I tried to update to 230; 240; 250 but none of them are working. I don't have any "display on screen instructions" as I am supposed to have when I insert the USB flash drive.

HP Recommended

No problem
So, from what I saw, you did everything right
there is nothing more in the manual!

User Guide

you have tried all usb ports?

[edit]

You may be better at English than I am
I just read something that might make the difference, but I'm not sure
in the update document it is written:
This firmware update only functions correctly with the HP DreamColor Z27x Professional Display.

except you indicate to have the version
HP DreamColor Z27x Studio Display
there is another vesrion which is the pro

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c04263415

Sorry if that's not it then I can't see what might be wrong

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yes I tried all usb ports 😞

Strange fact about the "studio" and "professional", different names but both names are used in the same product page (and I see no difference between them). I think it is probably a commercial different name (maybe the name is not the same in different countries) but I think it's the same product.

HP Recommended

Indeed
so unfortunately in this case I am of no help
I have covered the question I think
apart from rechecking with a small usb key by following step by step what is indicated, I have no other ideas

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.