cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Jane12341
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Cannot install international keyboard or Canadian French keyboard on HP Envy

HP Recommended
HP Envy

I am trying to install an International or Canadian French keyboard using the control panel on my HP Envy. 

According to HP instructions, I should be able to do this by selecting "Clock, region and languages" on the control panel.  However, my control panel does not have this option - the closest option is "Clock and region" (see screenshot below). So what is an alternative way for me to install these keyboards? Many thanks, Ilona

Jane12341_0-1612271991116.png

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jane12341
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your help! I had actually already installed the keyboard when I was troubleshooting but did not know the final step of how to toggle between the keyboards: windows key + spacebar. Now I can switch between my keyboards. Thanks very much!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,610 27,043 3,123 6,760
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jane12341 

The Control Panel screenshot is from Windows 10 -- and the options you are talking about are from Windows 7.  Different Control Panel versions, different options.

In Windows 10, you have to go into Settings --> Time and Language

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Jane12341
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your help! I had actually already installed the keyboard when I was troubleshooting but did not know the final step of how to toggle between the keyboards: windows key + spacebar. Now I can switch between my keyboards. Thanks very much!

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation