Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2310m Monitor (WC292AA)
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

The content on the very edges of the screen does not appear, and I can make only minor adjustments to the screen by going into the device settings (I used to be able to adjust the screen size, but not any more). I can still perform functions by clicking outside the viewable area (guessing), but I cannot see what I am clicking on. Are there driver updates that could fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Arlingtonian

I don't find any driver support for Mac OS.

There is a document that explains how to use the Monitor On Screen Display to set / adjust your monitor setup.

HP 1910, 2010, 2210, 2310, 2510, and 2710 Series LCD Monitors - Using and Adjusting Your Monitor

HP 1910m, 2010f, 2010i, 2210i, 2210m, 2310i, 2310m, 2510i, and 2710m LCD Monitors - User Guide

Reference

Device Homepage

Drivers and Software, Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more

HP 2310m 23-inch Diagonal LCD Monitor

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion. The on-monitor controls did not allow me to access custom scaling.

HP Recommended

@Arlingtonian

That is unfortunate -- it looked like the instructions allowed for custom settings.

That you could do this before and not now sounds like something other than the monitor has perhaps changed.

It might be as simple as setting it back to defaults and starting over. 

Depending on the display drivers you have on your Mac, you might be able to use the appropriate driver and set the monitor options as you need.

No idea how you find / invoke the display manager on a Mac -- Windows is just "Right-Click on a clear area of the Desktop" > find the right display manager (if more than one) > start the manager. 

??

Perhaps someone that has the monitor will be able to add something.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks again. I used to be able to go into settings and find something that enabled me to select the screen size, but this stopped being available once I got the High Sierra upgrade. I hate to ditch a perfectly good monitor over this. Apple isn't even making their own monitors any more.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.