Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
W2M88UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop develped a code 43 error for the Radeon R5 Graphics after attempting to update the driver. I receive and error that the device did not start after the driver loaded. I've removed and reinstalled the driver several times and itdoes not fix the problem. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RHichman

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that your experiencing issue with the integrated graphics card and getting error message Code 43, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Let's try this:

Step 1: Right-click the Start menu.

Step 2: Select the Control Panel.

Step 3: Click Troubleshooting.

Step 4: Click the Hardware and Sound item.

Step 5: Choose the Hardware and Devices.
Step 6: Click Next to make Windows detect hardware and devices problems.

Step 7: Then click Apply this fix to solve the problem.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Product number is in the post header. Not certain when the last time it worked properly as I have not done anything graphics intensive. I would say the day before the post. I ran the Radeon update tool to get the most recent driver 

HP Recommended

@RHichman

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try uninstalling the AMD Radeon Graphics Driver in Safe Mode

Enter the safe mode of Windows 10 and go to the Device Manager to uninstall the AMD Radeon device.

Note: If you don’t know how to enter the Windows 10 safe mode, see How to Enter Safe Mode in Windows 10

1. Right-click This PC in safe mode.

2. Select the Properties.

3. Click the link Device Manager in the left column.

4. Locate the AMD Radeon device and right click it to choose Uninstall.

5. Restart your computer will reinstall the driver.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The driver reinstalled but then error that driver did not start came up again. Graphics adapter shows error 43 again in device manager.

HP Recommended

@RHichman

Thank you for posting back. 

I would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem. 

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, this sounds like software driver related issue.
Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. let's reinstall the windows operating system to isolate the issue. 

To perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment: Click here 

Note: Backup your files and data before initiating system recovery

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.