Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 24 ax1009
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had my old Sony Vaio all-in-one PC connected, through the single HDMI socket, to my Virgin Tivo TV box for many years and it has worked fine as a monitor. I've just bought an HP Pavilion 24 ax1009, which has both IN and OUT HDMI sockets, and while it too works well, it has an annoying little issue. When I switch the PC off or even when it just goes to sleep, the TV comes on automatically a few seconds later. I've spoken to HP and while the support engineer tried very hard to help, it was beyond him. Does anyone have any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CPD1
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out.
HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your post Echo_Lake. I am a little puzzled by the advice you've given me. my PC is just about 2 weeks old. It has, what appears to be a power saving issue and I hoped that someone would tell me of a setting I could change to solve the problem. I didn't expect to be invited to buy a support plan which may or may not resolve the issue. If there is no setting that can be changed, surely HP needs to come up with a solution. When the PC is switched off HDMI wakes UP. When the PC goes to sleep HDMI wakes up. Ergo no power saving. Is there something HP can do? By the way, I'm in UK.

CPD1

I am an HP customer

HP Recommended

@CPD1 It looks like you were referred to the HP Smart friend for advanced support on your concern, if you arn't comfortable with that, I could provide limited support as the issue requires advanced support, that said, let's start with updating the BIOS:

Click here for details and let me know if that helps!

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.