Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 27I

Hi,
I bought this monitor 3 weeks ago. It has great build quality overall, but unfortunately it makes popping or cracking sounds during warm-up and cool- down phases. I hear a kind of "tac" every, about, 5 minutes. The occurrences fade over time and disappear after about 1h. Pretty annoying! My old IPS monitor didn't have this "issue". How can I do?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@PSCM3

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's perform a hard reset: 

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.  

2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.  

3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved. 

Once done, download this driver: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-27-display/16129890

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

I followed the steps you suggest to me, but noise is still present. 

I chatted with the HP assistance and after some checks,  they suggest me to replace the unit, since I'm within 30 days from purchase. 

I hope the new unit will not have the same issue.

Thank you! 

HP Recommended

I understand and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Monitor replaced by ste store. The issue is still present. I guess it could depend on the thermal expansions of the plastics. Very annoying! 

HP Recommended

@PSCM3

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've got this same problem and suspecting it's something with the monitor's design. Especially when I turn the monitor off, the strange sounds occur when the display is cooling down. Not that nice "feature" but I can live with it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.