Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 550-203na ENERGY STAR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello again, sorry for this post again but I am looking for help for a dual monitor setup for my old HP PAVILION 550-203na ENERGY STAR which I gave wrong info in previous post!

Just wondering what I need for a dual monitor setup as I have 2 HDMI ports on back of PC, no display ports - wanting an extender display not just mirrored.

Can anyone assist in what I need to achieve this with the system I have got if it can be achieved?

Photo attached is identical to the back of my PC - only difference is there is an HDMI 2 port which replaces the blue display port is showing in picture above the 2 USB and ethernet port?

Thanks in Advance to anyone that can offer some advice so I can hopefully get this setup completed ASAP.32871627_4566.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PurpleYoda 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05204297

which shows it has 2 HDMI ports

• USB 2.0: 2
  • LAN (Ethernet)
  • HDMI: 2
  • USB 3.0: 2
  • Audio: Line in
  • Audio: Line out
  • Audio: Microphone

But from your image it has 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA port. I use your information to answer your question: You can connect to 2 monitors using HDMI port an VGA port. For VGA port, you need a native VGA monitor (no conversion).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PurpleYoda 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05204297

which shows it has 2 HDMI ports

• USB 2.0: 2
  • LAN (Ethernet)
  • HDMI: 2
  • USB 3.0: 2
  • Audio: Line in
  • Audio: Line out
  • Audio: Microphone

But from your image it has 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA port. I use your information to answer your question: You can connect to 2 monitors using HDMI port an VGA port. For VGA port, you need a native VGA monitor (no conversion).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@PurpleYoda -- if your computer really has two HDMI sockets, just connect two HDMI cables to two HDMI monitors.

Then, in Windows, hold-down the Windows key (bottom left of your keyboard) and tap the "P" key. Release both keys. You should have the options to "duplicate" the displays, or to "extend" the Windows desktop across both screens.

HP Recommended

Don't know if it was the 2nd monitor causing issues as only 1 monitor would work at a time making me think there was something else needed to get the dual setup done.

But after a day of messing around with cables and some witchcraft, it worked and I now have the setup I wanted.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.