Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 25bw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion 25bw appears to have died.  When plugged in, the tiny LED on the back panel lights, indicating that it is getting power, but the front panel power button does not light and the front panel controls do not respond.  Nothing appears on the screen.  Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@reisijp535

If this is your monitor:

HP Pavilion 25bw IPS LED Backlit Monitor

The product was introduced in October of 2012.

If it lasted from that any where near that time until now, that is a very decent life span for a consumer grade monitor.

My Opinion:

Edits - Member understood my comments to mean I wished to sell him a new monitor.  Edited to clarify.

Consumer grade devices frequently contain parts that are not intended to be serviced in the field.  Parts for consumer devices may - or may not - be marked and available for replacement.  

It might be time to consider a replacement.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Spoken like a salesman for HP monitors.  That wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for but thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

@reisijp535

Not intended as a sales pitch.  I believe, based on having many monitors over many years, that the devices do die after awhile.  Consumer grade monitors, of any brand, do not tend to come back once they fail.  

I hope you get an answer that better suits your situation.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

With all due respect, the monitors on my shop floor and office are still chugging along after 10 or more years.  In fact, I have an identical 25bw that is still working its heart out.  As for the defective unit, if you open it up, you find only two circuit boards, a main board and a smaller button card.  Neither are available from HP.  The main board (part #0171-2281-4572) is availalbe from third parties.  The button board is glued to the front lower bezel and is very difficult to remove to get part ID's.  I have been unsuccessful in obtaining any specs on that  board from HP.  What I had hoped to accomplish by posting to this site was to find if any other user had experience in failed monitor boards.  Specifically, if the button card has a history of failure and if there is a known after market replacement for this card. Thanks for your replies but it appears that you and I are headed in different directions.

HP Recommended

@reisijp535

Ah, yes.  Different persepctives.

I suggest you leave your latest post as a description of the advice you are seeking.

Good Luck.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.